Sunday 26 April 2009

Secret Crafter Challenge #29 Shaped Cards & Dutch Dare Create a scene


This is the largest card that I can make using my Nestie Octagons. It's about 10cms across. I would have liked to make a slightly bigger card for the grandson of a friend, but I hope he will like this one. My little pirate has emerged from the drawer once more, I think he's kinda cute so I hope Granny doesn't disapprove of pirates!

I wondered after I'd finished it, whether I should have chosen coloured card for the background, but on the whole I prefer to have white cardstock for the main body of my cards. Maybe next time I do something similar, I can add more colour to the front. We'll see!

I have entered this for the create a scene challenge from Dutch Dare Challenge, something I find rather tricky. It's also for Secret Crafter's Shaped Card Challenge. It's the first time I've used my palm tree stamp, but I'm sure it won't be the last.

10 comments:

  1. Oh he will love it, what little boy doesn't like pirates! Nice fresh looking card.
    pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, It's a shape I love :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it with the white background - shows off the main image more. Fab pirate

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Chrisse, love the pirate and the little scene you've created thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie, this is fab!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So adorable!! Love the shape! And the stamps are way too cute!!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Chrissie, love that little pirate and I am sure this lucky 3 to be will too. Where would we be without our nesties. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Chrissie, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute card Chrissie. The pirate is adorable and its a fab scene.
    Thanks for taking part in the DDCC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie