Saturday 25 April 2009

365 Cards Day 56 See Through Saturday & One Stop Crafts #26 Something New




This was a real challenge from 365 Cards... to use acetate for all or part of your card. I had to make a Bon Voyage card for a friend and it seemed that this might be a good one to try to use some acetate.
I embossed the blue card with Swiss Dots and used a Fiskars punch to finish the edge, which I wrapped around the acetate. The little aeroplane is a Cuttlebug die and the lettering is from Cuttlebug's Babyface alphabet, adhered as in my previous post.
The aeroplane is on the acetate and the lettering is on the blue card.
I take the pictures of my cards with a mobile phone so that transfer to my computer is easy, however, the phone is playing silly kids at the moment and wouldn't stay in camera mode, which was irritating to say the least! It's also that awkward time of day when the light is at a funny angle, making finding a place to perch the easel with my card on, problematic.
As the inside of the card has been embossed I had to add a flat bit for the sender to write on, which I put on the back of the card, as there was no-where else to put it!
So for the One Stop Crafts Challenge, this certainly was something new for me!

15 comments:

  1. Great take on today challenge! Using your punch on the fold over edge look's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Chrissie. Fab use of the acetate. I love the way you've done the inside/back too. Hope we'll see more acetate cards from you soon. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely gorgeous card, and very original!

    Thanks for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 'flying' plane looks ace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautful card, love what you have done with the inside xx kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! I love the soft colors and Swiss Dots. Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Chrissie, I have never tried accetate with my cards yet, something else I'll have to try. Thanks for joining us again this week. Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This si a great idea, love the thinking with this, the plane is ideal for this as it looks suspended on the acetate
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this card is FAB you did a great job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card - love the colours and your little aeroplane is so cute.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the simplicity of this one, although I'm sure it was far from simple to put together!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic card Chrissie, love your punching and use of acetate and that inside is scrummy. -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie