Thursday 16 April 2009

Truly Scrumptious #5 A card for a child & Creative Inspirations #4 Seeing Double



I wouldn't have had a hope of trying to rotate this sketch from Truly Scrumptious, as I found it quite a challenge. However I'm quite pleased with the end result. The papers are are Clare Curd's Signature range and as the pieces are 12x12 I think that I will be doing several cards from each piece that I cut into. The map stamp is from Personal Impressions and the little pirate chappy is from Panduro... not a make I'm terribly familiar with. The sentiment is a stamp from Papermania.
The challenge at Creative Inspirations calls for 2 stamped images, so I think this qualifies on that front as I have used three stamps.
My husband has gone to watch Hampshire play cricket, I'm afraid the weather will have to warm up a little before I go and sit for several hours watching a match!

19 comments:

  1. hi chrissie...its a gorgeous card love the use of the map certainly brings it all brilliantly together...i used this lay out too but i havent much in line for kiddies cards so i went all loved up insted LOL!!!found the lay out a challenge but like you pleased with the result..it was a good brain teaser of a challenge ...lv sasxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card- the pirate is so cute! I must admit looking at that sketch and thinking 'hummm!'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Chrissie,love the image and the papers ,fantastic ,hugs Dawnxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This catd is amazing! It will make one little (or big) boy very happy indeed! TFS!
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute cute!!! Dont you just love those pirates??!!! (not the real ones of course)
    Love the polka dots and the map is awesome!!! Great job with this challenge!!! Thanks for playing in the TS challenge!!!

    Danita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card as always Chrissie!! Love the little pirate, he's very cute xxkerryxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is a fantastic card Chrissie I love it , what a great theme and the colours are perfect
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fab! Thanks for joining in at Creative Inspirations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh lovely card Chrissie, I do like that map stamp :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card! I love the lil pirate you have used, I like how you have distressed the map!! Thanks for joining us over at creative inspirations this week!! love rach xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Chrissie - love the dotty papers and fantastic image

    Thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic Chrissie, such a great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Chrissie - this is fabulous - such a great boy card and fantastic papers and colours.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just gorgeous, I have never seen anything like it before, just absolutely stunning!
    Kelx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is great, I love what you've done with the sketch. Those papers and that image are just perfect together. LOVE THIS CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, love it, love it. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card - love it! Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi your card is wonderful,Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie