Saturday 11 April 2009

OCC Sketch Challenge


I often find kids' cards quite tricky, but I think that this little pirate is a real cutie. The embossing is Swiss dots and Numbers from Cuttlebug. The 'Yo ho ho' was made with Cuttlebug Typewriter alphabet, with double sided tape adhered to the card before putting it through the bug. This makes the sticking down of the letters much easier. I always use a paper piercing tool to lift the backing off, as I have overlays on my nails and they are useless at trying to get fiddly bits off.

The pirate is mounted on my new Nesties Labels 3! Yummy!

11 comments:

  1. This is such a CUTE card!! I love those letters. You used them on a card you made for me and I decided I liked them then, but I've not ever seen them in a store. Great card, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this!!! Love how you used the red, white & blue colors with this little guy!! GREAT job on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a beautiful and so cute card! Love the image and papers you have used! Great work!

    Have a fabulous Easter weekend

    hugs Zimtschnecke/Bine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - I love this little pirate card - how super cute!!! Totally awesome take on the Sketch!!!!

    Thank you for playing along!!! Happy Easter!!! ~Silke~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using the numbers CB folder for kid's cards! This came out super!!! Thanks for playing along with the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, love that image, it's so cute :o)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card, I'm always looking for kid card ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card! Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ho, ho, ho, is this another Nestie I see????!!!??? And, not seen this folder for awhile, it v.g. for kiddies cards. ikki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie