Friday 24 April 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge #28 Welcome home & 365 Cards Recycled elements & Pink Elephant - Recycle reuse


Whilst I was looking after my granddaughter Daisy the other day in Bath, we took a walk into town and I managed to buy all sorts of useful things that I had needed for some time. These included fish bone tweezers, a knife sharpener and some more handwash for the downstairs loo. I like to use Molton Brown handwash, but do they ever do it up like a dog's dinner when they wrap it...even when it's not a for a gift. So I couldn't waste that fab bag.
I used it for the lovely background of this card. I embossed it as it was a little bent from hanging on the stroller handle. I would have loved to have used the cord from the bag, but it was really too thick to go on a card. I did however, use the Molton Brown logo which I made into the little medallion on the ribbon.
The sentiment is from one which reads, 'welcome little one', but I masked the lower half before inking it with white ink which I then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
Everything else on the card is made using Cuttlebug dies, apart from the Nestie squares and tag.
As we have Mother's Day in March in the UK and as my mother is no longer with us, I decided to choose the recycle option from Pink Elephant this week, rather than the card for Mum.

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Chrissie and fab recycling!!

    Thanks for sharing at Arty Girlz ongoing recycling challenge

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning card chrissie so elegant thanks for adding it to the Arty Girlz recycling challenge.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly got a great bargain with this purchase. It's a super to recycle and produce some so lovely, well done. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh this is a bit gorgeous Chrissie!

    Mmm Molton Brown, blissful templetree......

    Fab use of the bag, love the medalliono n the ribbon

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You truly are an artist...seeing that bag and re-puposing it for a lovely card.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Chrissie, beautiful recycling!!! Such a gorgeous elegant card! Perfect for our home sweet home challenge this week at www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, well recycled.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whatta gorgeous card!!! I love the home theme of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - this is just beautiful - love the colours and your recycled item does not even look like it is a recycled item - well done.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Beaufiful!! I love this chocolate card. How cool that you could use so many elements from the bag. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card Chrissie , really classic
    I love Molton Brown products as well I will have to start saving the lables great bit of recycling
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great recycling, Chrissie :) I love these bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling! I love the clean and simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bravo this is a wonderful card you did a great job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the beautiful simplicity of this and the colours are great :o)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card so great with the minimal color palette. I would love to see your take on an Unscripted Sketch, hope you can stop by tomorrow for a new sketch! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Chrissie, this is just TOO CUTE. i just love it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is a beautiful card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card Chrissie!! I love that you used the packaging from your hand soap!! Very cool! Thanks for joining us at TPE this week!!
    Robin
    The Pink Elephant Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very very classy card Chrissie.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at the PInk Elephant - hope you'll have chance to play with us again this week as Carol has done a great sketch for us all to try.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! I don't know what more I can say. This is not a complicated card, however it has that wow factor.
    Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Meda

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, you did an outstanding job!Thank you for participating, you will be featured on Thursday at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card! I love the simple elegance of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie