Monday 27 April 2009

365 Cards - Day 57 Sketch


I have wanted to use this Laura Ashley flocked paper for quite some time. This sketch seemed perfect for it. I also was delighted to discover that some rich red card, left-over from some wedding invitations I made, was an almost exact match for the flocking. You know how difficult it is to match reds... there must be a million shades.
The layout seemed ideal for a thank you, so this is the sentiment I chose.
The scallops are part of a Fiskars border punch, I think it's called Threading Water or some such name.
I really rather like how this one turned out!

7 comments:

  1. This is really classy. can see why you've been wanting to use the flocked paper, it's lush

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is just so nice and you have made a very elegant card, fits perfect with the shape of the sketch.

    Really nice job xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is some gorgeous flocked paper...that color of red is spectacular! FAB job on the sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a classy looking card, very nice
    Maz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is really classy. I just love red and white.
    Karenm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Chrissie, you card is so beautiful! Congrats on the 365 Card award. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie