Wednesday 1 April 2009

ABC Challenge H - Hearts


I don't quite know where I dredged up the idea for this little heart basket from. I used to do these with my infants at school, albeit on a larger scale, for Mother's Day and Easter baskets etc. I had a box of templates in the cupboard which would come out for all sorts of occasions. I had the most amazing classroom assistant, a true friend and wonderful crafter, who would help me come up with ideas for the children. We were a great team! I don't remember if was she or I who found this little gem. Anyway, for all those wondeful years...thanks Lyn!

The little basket is woven in 3D, so that it opens. If sufficient people are interested I could possibly post a tutorial on how it's done!

The rest of the card is comprised of my Nestie hearts, and circles (for the flowers) and Cuttlebug embossing.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and I love the heart basket :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card, the weaving on the basket really works with the embossed textures too

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie, this is a very elegant card!
    Hugs Lynsey:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so lovely and elegant card!

    Hugs, Susa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card for an anniversary :o)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this weave is really pretty! Love it~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Chrissie. I love your woven heart and the embossing.
    Thank you for joining in the ABC challenge.
    Hugs
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Chrissie, thanks for joining in the fun with ABC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see a tutorial! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That woven heart it's actually a Nordic Christmas Heart. :-)) So fun to see it used like this! Very nice card. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie