Monday 27 April 2009

Sketch and Stash Challenge #9


I haven't decided what sentiment I want to put on this card as yet, but I can add one whenever.
There are lots of new things here. The daisy stamp arrived today. It's one of those that prints the background and then you have to colour in the blank spaces afterwards. I haven't actually had one quite like this before. I think there must be quite a knack to doing it as I had several attempts at trying to do it before I was even vaguely satisfied.
I haven't used this fabric/textured paper which is behind the image before, although it has been in the drawer for a couple of years. I quite like the effect on this card.
The 2 papers have been altered slightly. The green has been embossed with Cuttlebug flowers and inked with gold. The yellow which is a new paper from K & Co., (also in today's parcel), I overstamped with the gold script. This stamp also arrived today. It was quite exciting playing with all the goodies. I think everything was bought on sale from ArtyMiss!

12 comments:

  1. Very elegant and love the soft pastel colours and textures.

    Brenda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card Chrissie, I think they call that style elegant simplicity and if they don't...they should!.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The textured paper is the perfect touch!
    Beautiful card!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think the sentiment should say happy birthday sassy yeeeeh!!!!!! lol!!!! its a truly elegant piece a bit like me also oh dear im in a cheeky mood tonite...fab card chrissie lv it hugs sassxyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Understated elegance is what I would call it, it's beautiful :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card Chrissie, love the soft feel. I also love a good splurge at Artymiss, I love their bargain boxes!!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great to me - I love solid stamps and using chalk to colour. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very elegant. I love the simplicity. Great papers and lovely colours.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a work of art , you could frame this and hang it on the wall its so pretty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful card Chrissie... I love the softness of this card...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Chrissies. I love your take on the sketch and the image and embossing are fab.
    Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie