Saturday 22 May 2010

Ruby for July

For the challenge this week at One Stop Cards and Crafts, Shelley has chosen the theme of Birthstones. I was born in July and have the ruby as my birthstone, but in fact I have always had a preference for sapphires... and diamonds of course!
For this card I chose to go with the red for rubies and coloured this sweet image from Mo Manning with my Copics. Luckily, there are plenty of reds in the Ciao set but I find that there is a shortage of pale powdery blues... I don't know what other people find?!... But I digress.
The papers and sentiment are Patchwork, Red from Cuddly Buddly. Kim had recently released some sets of sentiments as digis, including this one, which are very useful as they can be sized to fit whatever project you are doing. The original size does fit neatly into Nesties however!
Creative Inspirations have the challenge to make a Card for a child, and Dare U 2 Digi Stamp have chosen One for the boys this week, whereas at C.R.A.F.T challenge the theme is birthdays, so this is for those challenges too.

7 comments:

  1. Simple and stylish. I love this technique best - less is more! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Great image and your DP choice and colouring are fab. ikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card Chrissie, lovely mix of the papers. Me too (July) and me too (sapphires and diamonds!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful, Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card hun. Thank you for joining in this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card Chrissie. I am always in awe of your cards.
    Thanks for playing along with our 'One for the boys' theme on Dare U 2 Digi Stamp.
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Chrissie = I love this image from Mo.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie