Monday 18 May 2009

The Pink Elephant Challenge #15 Monogram


I haven't done a monogram card before, I can't think why. I've done plenty of wedding and anniversary cards including the concerned parties' initials, but not a single letter.

I did this one in a hollow font on the computer in an enormous size and printed it onto card, before cutting out. I then embossed it with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. The tiny daisies resting on the D are from another Cuttlebug die. The huge daisies were stripped from a spray containing loads of flowers, which cost me £1 from Poundland or some such cheapy shop... much less expensive than Prima flowers, which is what I think that the spotty ones are.

The backing paper is from K&Co and the Oak leaves are from a Woodware punch.

There are no prizes for guessing who will eventually receive this card... my gorgeous granddaughter, Daisy!

10 comments:

  1. This card really stands out. It is so fresh and beautiful.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Daisy will love that - what a wonderful combination - the letter D and the daisies as embellishments. Great work yet again Chrissie.

    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I have never made a monogram card, but now I have seen this one I may have to have a go. It's a real beauty :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card chrissie...so fresh and springlike....love the papers and those cute daisies...Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPE this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissy...This is so so pretty!!! Just darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! The colours are so fresh, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fresh & pretty Chrissie :) It's good to know i'm not the only one that pulls flowers to bits!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at TPE...

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty, Chrissie
    Hugs, Christina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie