Tuesday 19 May 2009

365 Cards Day 80 You're so plaid!


My daughter got out this piece of plaid paper, which I believe was a freebie from a magazine, to make a card for a friend of hers. She didn't get round to making it, and the scrap of paper has remained in the heap of odds and ends in the corner of my desk ever since. I really must have a tidy-up and general sort-out one of these days.

The stamp is from a new set I bought thinking that it would be good for chaps. With Father's Day around the corner, I thought I'd better start on some.

I hand stamped the fishy background with Old Paper distress ink, and generally muddied up the edges of the image too. I also line-embossed these edges on my scoring board.

The stamping on the slider particularly pleased me, as I used my DIY Stampamajig made from my Granddaughter's Lego, together with a piece of food-packaging plastic, in order to get the sentiment actually on the slider in vaguely the correct position.

I had seen something on Youtube here, so decided to have a go. The word Dad actually was from part of a larger sentiment, so I put sticky tape over the bits I didn't want to stamp before inking, and took it off before stamping, so I just got the word I wanted.

All in all I was pleased with my efforts.

14 comments:

  1. Chrissie, Great Card and Congrats on finishing your card first today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!!! That stamp is adorable and the plaid paper is perfect! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply fabulous card! Sounds like your diy stampamajig is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - fantastic male card, I love your image he is just beautiful.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so cute! This is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW talk about making it work for you Chrissie. You did a great job on this one and your plaid looks great!!
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie this is such a great masculine card I love that image stamp. I knew many things could be made with Legos but what a hoot to see this tutorial thanks for sharing. Great job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chrissie, If you are interested I have just listed a image swap. You can check it out here. http://handmadecards1.blogspot.com/2009/05/intersted-in-image-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent card, I love checks, plaids and gingham :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wonderful, a great card, and I love the way you used the plaid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! This card is so darned cute! I just love it!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT card! The stamping is perfect-o! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. fantastic male card, luv the bear fishing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card with a plaid! I like how you colour the image. So nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie