Saturday 2 May 2009

Sketch Saturday #49 Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Flowers & Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Charmed I'm sure!


Firstly, I would like to thank all those bloggy friends who have sent good wishes following my post where I mentioned having dizzy spells. Apparently, it's called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo and is prevalent in older people... what does that tell you? I'm old folks!

There is a remedy which is often successful, called the Epley Manoeuvre. I had a look on You Tube to see how it's done and had a go, but I'm not sure if I did it on the correct side. No doubt time will tell. It's an intermittent thing so I don't feel grim all the time which is a good thing.

So this morning I made a card... it took me all morning too as I was fiddling around quite a bit, as you do! Anyway I decided to use the sketch from Sketch Saturday. Having decided to make a wedding card, I altered the shape of the arched paper to echo the shape of a church window. The flowers are from another spray, as mentioned in yesterday's post, purchased from Wilkinsons or Poundland. The whole spray only cost £1 and from it I have got 50 rosettes of petals. Each of the flowers on this card is comprised of 2 rosettes. Great value, I'm sure you will agree. I hope that the Secret Crafter don't mind cheap flowers for their challenge this week. I have also used the Martha Stewart border punch which was part of my prize from my win from their challenge!

I thought that I would try to tie a slightly more interesting bow, so this one has extra loops. The Charm for the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge was threaded onto the bow as it was being tied. I haven't entered a card for the latter challenge before, I'm not sure if there's a stipulation about stamping, but the sentiment is stamped, so maybe that will be qualification enough.

As always, thanks for visiting, and I really do appreciate all your comments!

17 comments:

  1. its a gorgeoous wedding card was trying to send healing hugs but it wouldnt let me comment must have had gremlins..i know what causes my dizziness...its the cooking sherry lol!!!! or the fizzy falling down water hahah... you dont go on many of them manouvers eh!!! you ant no swarzenger are yer....bless yer...tc and hugs sassyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi chrissie
    your card is wonderful and very elegant!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie WOW!!! I love this, it oozes elegance, it is just stunning. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I just love this card - it's so elegant.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful.
    So pleased that at least you know what is wrong with you now. OMG, does that mean I should start getting dizzy then :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and great.... so elegant... perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie, I just love this monochromatic and elegant wedding card. It is so stylish and just perfect for the occassion. I hope your dizzy spells will soon be a thing of the past ... its not perhaps blood sugar levels. Hugs from Desire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chrissie
    I absolutley love this card. It's soooo delicate and elegant.

    Sorry to hear you've been suffering with dizzy spells, hope it's only a temporary thing and you're back to yourself quick as can be

    Have a bloggy hug (())

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! Really very beautiful.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch Saturday! Hugs Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, thanks for taking part in this weeks SCSC!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  12. stunning card Chrissie, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is beyond "charm"ing. Perfectly elegant!

    Sorry to hear of your dizzy spells. They are a major inconvenience, aren't they? My chiropractor gave me exercises to do that gets rid of them...don't know if it will be helpful in your situation. I hope it gets better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great, classy wedding card- love all the embossing. Ta for the flower tip, always looking for crafty bargains1

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!!! Chrissie this is totally gorgeous. definitely time well spent!
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Chrissie just found your gorgeous site your cards are stunning wish i could buy some of your inspirations beautiful wedding card
    hugs
    SYLVIE

    gIBRALTAR

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie