Friday 15 May 2009

Daring Cardmaker - Sound of Music & Charisma Cardz #19 A Star is born


I'm not too sure about this one.

I was asked to make a card for an 'innocent' 16 year old. The things I thought of seemed either too childish or too sophisticated. I was asked to include her name and age and some pink somewhere on the card.

I thought that I would like to use the little star charm and some ribbon and wanted some texture for the background. So I decided to combine two challenges which included these elements. The stars, for Charisma Cards, are the charm and the Sizzix star for the number 16. The music for Daring Cardmakers is the Cuttlebug embossing on the pink pearl card.

I have said to the lady who wanted the card (a friend of a friend) that if she's not happy with it, I'll do another for her. I'll have to wait and see.

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Chrissie! I think you found the perfect balance for this gorgeous card with the brief you had, perfect for an innocent sixteen year old. Love the music embossing and the little charm is so sweet on the beautiful layout. Hope you have a great weekend. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Chris, it fulfils the brief and looks very pretty and girly without being OTT :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its superb,
    They will love it,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think it's beautiful! I love to see white space on a card - it always looks so elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she will love it. Its very pretty, pink and fresh looking - elegant too. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can’t think why you’re not happy with this card or why the lady who ordered it wouldn’t be.
    It’s a beautiful card and I think it’s exactly what was asked for.

    The Pink pearly embossing looks fab!

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card is absoultely beautiful, I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and elegant, I absolutely love it! They are going to love it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the card, so refreshing
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree with the general consent. It is a terrific card. You nailed exactly what the woman was asking for. Great job. Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie