Tuesday 12 May 2009

Congratulations!


A friend asked me to make a card for a couple who will be graduating as doctors very soon.
I love this Penny Black image which I used to make a card for my son when he graduated as a doctor last year. However, in that case it was partly due to the fact that his nickname when he was tiny was Davy Dog, and a dog wearing a mortar board seemed perfect.
Back to this one, which is actually an aperture card, but it's not too obvious from this photograph... you may have to use your imagination a little!
It actually fulfills several challenges. 365 Cards - Grad, The Cuttlebug Spot - Through the window, CCEE Stampers - I'm mutt nut, including a picture of a dog & One Stop Crafts - Cut it out.
The papers are Pink Petticoat, Sweet Flourishes, the aperture was made with Nesties and the lettering was made using Cuttlebug dies. The ribbon is actually spotted but I preferred the plain side for this card.

15 comments:

  1. Very smart card,
    Love the colours,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is a lot of challenges hehe, thanks for playing the CCEE challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one made me smile Chrissie, 'tis lovely.

    I enjoy making aperture cards with nestabilities too although I haven't for ages,most of them seem destined for my shop rather than for me to make for fun.

    Thanks sooo much for my award below too. Means so much and cheered me up good and proper yesterday. In a rush today with parents visiting so will pop on my blog as soon as I can

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that card is soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun grad card...excellent job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! How cute is this! Love your blog too!

    Thanks for joining us this week at The CB Spot!
    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! Its precious Chrissie! I am so happy you were able to join us in your challenge. Your card is precious and I am sure will bring wonderful smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that stamp, very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww, so cute! Glad you were able to join us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card love the image. Thanks for joing us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful aperture card Chrissie. That image really is a cutie and perfect for the occassion. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute, cute card and great job in combining challenges Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww!! He's just adorable!! Love the flourishes in the bg too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie