Tuesday 26 May 2009

365 Cards Day 87 'The Eyes have it' ~ Use It - Recipe & Stamp Something Challenge


I have wanted to use this sketch from Stamp Something for some days. When I saw the challenge from 365 cards today the two things came together. I also realised that nearly all the elements that I was using were in line with Use It's challenge this week, so I was feeling really pleased with myself.
However, when I came to write the posting, I realised that I made made a fundamental error... for Use It the card is supposed to be square! Whah, whah!
Anyway on to the card. For 365 I must have the word 'eye' on the card. No easy feat. I looked up the word 'eye' in an online dictionary to see if it would give me inspiration, and once I had thought of this lovely flower I was away.
I think that the sentiment is perfect for this card, it reads.. 'Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads'. Perfect except for the fact that it was wood mounted and the rubber has been stuck on cock-eyed, so that was where my DIY Lego Stampamajig came in very handy once more. Although the sentiment is cut out, I couldn't bear it if it was not straight with the grain of the card.
I'm sorry about the shape of the card for the Use It challenge, but I thought you might like to see it anyway!
Chrissie

20 comments:

  1. Chrissie, this card is absolutely beautiful. Now I need to go and find something to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have been a spectacular pre-school teacher...a DIY Lego stampamajig...brilliant!

    Your card is so pretty and summery...it is pouring rain here so your card was my sunshine for today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Chrissie, love the colours and paper and the pin in the sentiment is a wonderful touch.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chrissie..How do you do it..I have been following the challenge blogs for a few weeks now--and you manage to do most all of them....any incite on how I can get more done (lol)..love the yellow summerey take on the "eye"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie, what a lovely card...the yellow is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie your card is divine!! I love how warm it feels with it being yellow and white. Beautiful indeed.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and fresh, and how clever to think of the ox eye daisy :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card. I like this daisy and yellow-white combination.
    I don`t know that daisy is called ox-eye

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful! Love the soft yellow and that flower is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chrissie, great card, so pretty and springy cool, and great way to teach us all about the ox-eye daisy. My lesson for the day, can I go back to bed now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your card is FABULOUS Chrissie, no matter on the square shape for the challenge ;)
    love the papers you used... such a beautiful summery card, thanks so much for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
    hugs & ♥♥♥~ rae

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job with this super tough challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very pretty, I like(♥♥♥) the yellow and white combo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, so beautiful!
    *Shari*

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh ny! what a beautiful card.. I like every thing about it.. ox-eye very clever! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card and i love the colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gourgeous colours and one of my all time favourite papers. You've done a lovely job with that one Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Chrissie - this is gorgeous...lovely colours and papers and what inspiration with the 'eye'.
    Apologies for my absence recently, computer wouldn't let me leave comments(?) and just so busy (am moving soon........arrghhh!!) I think I've caught up - until something else happens that is (lol).
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning and so fresh
    Love it
    Hugs Susie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie