Wednesday 20 May 2009

Stampin' Chic Challenge Sketch #4


I haven't seemed able to get into gear today, I kept starting and stopping and not really getting anywhere; quite a few bits and bobs ended in the bin.
Anyway this card is for my first contribution to Stampin' Chic's challenge.
The flowers are cut down slightly from some that I stripped from my cheapy spray from Poundland. The largest one has had one petal cut from each rosette layer and the two smaller ones were recut from the fabric rosettes with a Sizzix die.
The buckle is from my new Spellbinder cut & emboss die. I have added the three embellishments from the sketch to this. The centre panel is embossed from a brass stencil in the Cuttlebug on a piece of Whitewash Cor'dination cardstock, then lightly sanded. To be honest I find Cor'dinations a little too thick to use with a light box, the light doesn't really get through.
The paper and sentiment are from Clare Curd's Signature range.
It's that funny shadowy time of day, I hope you can see it properly.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card, I just love the colours :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Chrissie...love all the detail..especially the ribbon and buckle..thanks for joining in the fun at Stampin Chic....Hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Chrissie and your blog is gorgeous. We hope to have you enter the challenges again on the stampin chic blog. love, Clare x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie