Tuesday 19 May 2009

Papertake Weekly Challenge # 15




I was looking through my box of cards that I take to my choir, to see what I was short of. I thought that I could do with a birth congratulation card and hence this card for Papertake Weekly Challenge.
The image is from Stampin Up... I have bought a few sets from the USA on eBay. I think this is really cute. I like simple styles and this is certainly that.
For the tiny heart embossed panel, I decided to run it through the Cuttlebug to add the hearts then put it back into the Nestie and hand emboss the border, as the hearts would have been flattened if I had tried to put it back through the bug.
I just used half of the sentiment stamp as shape of the whole thing wouldn't have fitted so well. It actually says 'Welcome little one'.
Pure and simple!

13 comments:

  1. Hey Chrissie, No problem and if you ever change your mind, its just the black and white image, no coloring. Love your work. I love the long stamps that matches this set that you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet card Chrissie, lovely work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb in it's simplicity :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fresh card, love the check, must have a good look on ebay lol.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet little card!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...what a lovely card Chrissie! I love all that white space (why does it scare me?!) and the little heart embossed panel is so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet! Perfect, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Chrissie,simple and elegant, well done!
    Barbaraxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Chrissie - that is so sweet! The image is really cute! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful and calm. How did you do the heart embossing? Is it a cuttlebug folder? I feel the need to own it!

    Like the colouring on the image too

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card Chrissie, cool colours and calm feel to it. I love the heart embossing, was it a cuttlebug folder? I feel the need to be the owner of one!

    And nice shading on the image too

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely fresh feel to this card, which i suppose is quite apt for a birth card lol! Jillix

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie