Friday 1 May 2009

Fresh Batch Stamps and Smiles #13


I think that this a lovely simple sketch (the kind I prefer most of all). I have been trying out a few new things. The stamp in the middle is a Tim Holtz, which I heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I picked up a tip from You Tube about flowers for cards. Instead of paying reasonably high prices for packets of flowers, buy sprays of flowers at Pound shops and pull them apart to make your flowers instead. This is what I have done for this card. I took the flowers off the plastic stems and added a splat centre and pearl or gem as I normally do. I also inked the edges of the petals to tone in with the colour of the card. You get heaps of flowers for just £1. I also re-cut some of the leaves (which were rather large) with a Cuttlebug die, although I didn't use them for this particular card. Watch this space to see if you spot them in due course!! The leaves on this card are from Leonie Em punch.

I expect you could pick up old sprays of flowers in charity shops for even less!

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully stunning card!
    Great tip about the flowers.

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, what a lovely blur :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Chrissie, not blurred at all, that should have been blue :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Chrissie, your bargain flowers look amazing
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Chrissie! I LOVE your flowers and soft colors.

    Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, we hope you will join us next week!

    Hugs & Smiles,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning!! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card. Thanks for the tip, the flowers look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie