Friday 22 May 2009

Triple Challenge


Yesterday my computer was a nightmare. I couldn't access my blog, my emails etc., etc.. I thought I had picked up some dreadful virus and so changed my virus protection to something a little more robust. Still I had problems, then I realised that in fact it was Internet Explorer that had crashed. I downloaded Firefox instead and now I appear to be in business again! Phew, phew!
It wasted a lot of time I can tell you.
This card is for several challenges. ABC is O for Orderly this week. This card is balanced so I hope it qualifies.
Charisma Cardz requested flowers, lace and pearls and it was the lace which was the inspiration for this card. I found it in my sewing box... something my mother had rescued from some garment or other and sent years ago. It's rather strange in colour and eveything else was a challenge to blend with it. I coloured the flowers with a swipe of Tea Dye Distress ink on a glass plate & picked up with a water brush.
The sketch is from Sketch Saturday.
The image is from Hero Arts, coloured with Whisper Pens. The border punch is from Martha Stewart.
Chrissie

5 comments:

  1. Chrissie,
    I love your card. Brown and cream is a color combo you just can't go wrong with. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.
    I have been having problems with Internet Explorer too, but I thought it was my puter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these colours, so elegant. Beautiful work Chrissie.
    Thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned this was a challenge, but it came together beautifully. I am so glad the lace was rescued so that you could make this incredible card. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb card in every way, the colour combination is perfect :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!

    Another one with IE problems...since I downloaded IE 8 I get constant 'Operation Aborted' messages!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie