Thursday 21 May 2009

2 Sketches 4 You #26 & Cute Card Thursday #61 - Sporting Chance


I wanted to get away from over-cluttering my cards, as my style preference tends towards the minimal, however I think that this one looks just a little stark.

I chose already textured paper for the blues and added a little to the green with a Cuttlebug folder. The image stamp is from Paper Nation, coloured with a mixture of Marvy and Whispers pens, blended with a water brush, and popped onto dimensionals.

The sentiment is Stampin Up, bought on eBay from the States. I bought a couple of sets from this particular seller, who sent me a free stamp of a jar of flowers! I love it. Ill be posting a card with that one soon, so watch out for it! I would happily have paid at least a £2-£3 for it, so as you can imagine I was delighted. Isn't it great to know that there are still caring and generous folks in this world! Warms your heart!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Chrissie, love the fresh colours you have used. I prefer minimalist styles rather than over-cluttered and think your card looks great.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very eyecatching card and I love uncluttered cards too :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling father's day card Chrissy! I love simple uncluttered cards:)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute, I just love the little golfer, great job with the coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know I don't think it's lacking at all, the balance is just right in my opinion. The colours make the balance work somehow.

    Oh freebie flowers, how fab, I got some off a shop here when I ordered some stamps, such a wonderful kind gesture.

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card, love this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie