Sunday 10 May 2009

Colour Create - Blue & Green ~ 365 Cards - Sketch


My friend asked me to make a card for her brother's 60th birthday. The information she gave me was his name and the fact that he liked guitars. I decided to use the sketch from 365 cards and the colours from Colour Create. I was grateful to both challenges as I had tried to begin this card several times and got nowhere, but with the parameters given by the challenges, it seemed to come together more easily.
I stamped the backing paper with the guitars and decided to use the clapper board as the focus for the numbers. The other papers are Canon and the letters are Cuttlebug Babyface. The border is Martha Stewart (part of my prize from Secret Crafters)... just love it.
Sorry about the picture, the light was rather poor.
PS The guitar and clapperboard stamps are from a set of clear stamps called Hollywood Greats, www.crafting.co.uk

16 comments:

  1. I'm sure he'll love this, that clapper board is great! It's always nice to personalise a card to the recipients interests and you did a fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card,
    love the colours, very nice for a male
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Chrissie, love your background paper.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is just fantastic!!! love the colors and the clapper board for the age :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous Chrissie - I think cards mean such a lot when they're personalised like this too!
    Thanks so much for joining in with this week's CC challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that guitar image! Who is it by? Great job with the sketch, I am sure David will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card I am sure your friends brother will really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool card...love the guitars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic take on the sketch this week and thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice card. I like your colours and the guitar printed paper.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, I wish I could play! hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Chrissie - parameters for male cards usually help (sometimes they hinder lol).
    Love your guitar stamped background and how you've personalised it.
    Thanks for playing along with us this week.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well thought out and of course blue and green are a firm favourite with me :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great to make your own background with the guitars, makes a real statement

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cool card!! I'm sure he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie