Sunday 24 May 2009

365 Cards Day 85 Super Sketchy Sunday & Stampin' Chic Colour challenege Blue & Brown



I don't often make cards oriented and folded in this way, but with the rounded corners on the base of the sketch at 365 , I thought I'd have a go.
I thought that I would make one of the shapes an aperture. The backing paper which is inside the card is from Clare Curd's Signature range. The colour choice of blue and brown is for Stampin Chic's challenge this week.
I had several goes at getting the aperture and the embossing sorted, but got there in the end.
This is a little different for me, however it's still in the unfussy vein, which is the style I prefer. I added a plain oval inside so that the sender had somewhere to write a message.

We had a lovely family barbecue get together yesterday. It was the first time that the three youngest members of the family had met. They got on remarkably well, with no squabbling over toys. Quelle relief!

My granddaughter Daisy is on the right. The two chaps are my two nieces' offspring.
Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.
Chrissie

21 comments:

  1. I love your card and the oval aperture...I must try that sometime. My mother likes card that are different like that; I should try it out for her :)

    The picture of the 3 second cousins is precious. You have a beautiful family. I love the expression on Daisy's face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie, your card is absolutely beautiful I lvoe the color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors blue and brown. This card is very "chic" !!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card, love the polka dots! Cute kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous job...love your use of the double sided paper! Super sweet pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the blue & brown together! And how sweet are your grandbabies!! Such little cuties (and I LOVE the name Daisy - such a happy, friendly name :) ).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chubby babies are ADORABLE! I just want to hug them. :)

    Beautiful card. I love the layout and how the opening has the leaves! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lovin' the colors of this one!!! Beautiful card! Adorable photo!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you have done with your card. Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just Beautiful! I love the cut out oval!!! Great work and thanks for playing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Chrissie, I love it. I must invest in some oval nestabilities soon.

    I was hoping you'd post a photo of yesterday and you have! The children are gorgeous. Daisy has the most adorable need to be squeezed cheeks ever.

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card! So pretty! And those babies...I just want to smooch their chubby cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card, and the colour combo is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the card and the cut out. It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card great job on this challenge. Unfortuanately these adorable children upstage your card...hehe. Great job on this challene.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, this card is fantastic! just an amazing job! your granddaughter is adorable, i could just EAT her up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fantastic card luv the colors and the children are precious :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous, I nearly went along the same lines as this for mine then changed my mind. Love the colour combo you have used
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the simplicity of this card and the photograph is so gorgeous :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cool... very elegant, and I love the open space around the oval!

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous card Chrissie...so elegant and fresh and hey love those little cuties enjoying the BBQ...thanks for joining in the fun at Stampin
    Chic
    Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie