Sunday 10 May 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge - Wedding


I have just spent a lovely few days in Ireland with a group of friends. Amongst the three couples, four individuals were born the same year. When we were 50 we decided to mark the occasion by a short break in Paris, where we had a wonderful time. We then decided that when we were 60 we should do something similar, so we had a brilliant break in Dublin.
We didn't think that we ought to wait for another ten years before we did it again, so it has become an annual occurrence. We have subsequently visited Amsterdam, Jersey and this time Ballygally in Northern Ireland. There really was lots to see despite the chilly, sometimes drizzly weather. Where next I wonder?
On to this challenge. I found it rather difficult to do this one as a friend had asked me to make a card for someone she works with to give to her son on his wedding day. The sad part is that this lady, through a silly 'falling out' has not been invited to her son's wedding, but didn't want to let the occasion pass by unmarked on her part. So she wanted the card to be unostentatious. She requested this particular wording. I hope that this will fit the bill.

7 comments:

  1. I think the card fits the bill and give the lady my love. I know about 'falling outs' and creating broken hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this card fits the bill perfectly Chrissie - simple, beautiful and elegant! The two hearts look perfect on the embossed panel, and I love how you have kept everything pure and simple in white! Thanks for sharing this with us at Cuttlebug Challenges!
    Hugs Mrs Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sweet, simple, and truly elegant! I bet it is exactly what she is looking for.

    What a great group of friends you have...how fun meeting in different cities.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Chrissie, so crisp and clean. I love it.

    Just in case you don't check back on my blog, about copics...

    Yes I would recommend them, I've been a pro marker girl for a while and to be honest the only issue I have with them is not enough colours! I got the copic ciaos (set of 72) and they're quite different to use but I am delighted with them and will keep going until I get there with the shading.

    I have to say I prefer the flexibility they give me for colouring compared to H2Os, water pencils and sakura pens which I've used before.

    Why not buy a couple and see how you get on with them?

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful in it's simplicity, what a shame for Mum though, it must be heartbreaking!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie, There’s only one word for this………stunning!

    It’s elegant in a simple kind of way…….just beautiful!
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of the white.
    Thank you for joining this challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog Meda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie