Sunday 17 May 2009

Creative Inspiration - Embossing ~ Stamptacular Sunday Challenge Pink, Green & Brown & One Stop Crafts Pink & Brown


My choir concert went very well last night. I think that the Canadian choir from Niagara who joined us for this concert enjoyed singing with us and also enjoyed the party afterwards where we could chat at greater length. My husband and I acquitted ourselves well with our respective small solos and we received many commendations from fellow singers. Today however, my feet are killing me... all that standing still for the rehearsal and the performance are to blame I think. Still, you don't have to stand up to make cards do you!!
I was rather pleased how this one turned out. The corner sentiment stamps are from Heidi Swapp, inked with Stazon timber brown. The flower is embossed from a brass stencil on Cor'dination paper and gently sanded. The pink is the whitewash variety and the brown is the regular sort. The pink paper and brown card are from my local Paper Mill store.

22 comments:

  1. Love the mimimal feel and the sentiment is fab, hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great thank you card Chrissie. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chrissie, your card is lovely! I love the clean and simple layout. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Chrissie, this is so elegant and such a fantastic design. Thanks for joining us this week. Hope your feet are ok now. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful thank you card Chrissie, love the elegance feel to it.

    Thank you for sharing your creation with us over on SSC.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your daisy cards are lovely but this is the one I prefer, I love the clean and simple look

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simple beauty of your card. Thanks for playing this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, this is you being yourself!! Long may it continue. Love it. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great clean and simple card! Wonderful text treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous,i love the colours and simplicity of it!!! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, Chrissie! Love that sentiment and the embossing is great! Love those brass templates, I still have all of mine!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week! Hope to see you next week - Good Luck!
    --x Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Chrissie. I wish I could have heard the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, I love that big bold flower. Well done on your singing :o)
    I do stand up to make cards, can't do them sitting down at all!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply stunning! I just love this! Thanks for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

    Pleasantly,

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  15. really elegant! tres jolie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely card Chrissie, love those corner stamps you used, really effective doing it in both corners.
    Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the simple feel of this card. Simple but very effective. hugs Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chrissie,

    What a fantastic card! I just love when a simple card turns out so elegant as this!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week! Hope you'll join us for some more challenge fun again soon!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful card. Thanks for taking part in the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful card. love the simplisity of it, really stunning! Hope your legs have recovered now from all the standing you did!

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Chrissie, what a great card! Love the corner stamps!
    Thanks for joining us this week at SSC!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card thank you for taking part at ssc

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie