Thursday 21 May 2009

Creative Card Crew - Shape it & Caardvarks Shape Up!


I saw the template for this butterfly shaped card some time ago, in one of the many publications in my craft room. Finding it was a different matter! I did enjoy looking for it mind you.
I have done lots of stamping on this one. I stamped and heat embossed the card with the manuscript, the splats and flowers prior to cutting out the shape. Then I added the other odds and ends once it was cut out.
I used my DIY Stampamajig made from Lego again for positioning the sentiment on the tag and it worked like a dream. Have a look back at the card for 365 Cards Day 80 for the Youtube link.
I don't often make shaped cards, but I like the shape of this one. I'm glad I found the template.

20 comments:

  1. I'm glad to found it too, I love it. You have reminded me that I have all kinds of templates somewhere, maybe I should have a look for them too :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found it! This is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, this is stunning, so beautiful! Well done! hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had fun finding the template and making the card. What a lovely butterfly. I'm still scratching my head trying to think of a shape, maybe I'll get sorted before the next challenge launches!

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie, fabulous card, like your colour choice. Thanks for joining us on CCC this week. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you found the template too. Cute card. Can you share the template?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the the close-up view with all of the details ... the embossing is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the close-up view with all of the great details ... wonderful embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, YEAH, that was *definitely* worth looking for! i ♥love♥ this...and i love it all the more having realized that's NOT patterned paper??! holy moly, you started with blank stock and built up those marvelously detailled layers with *STAMPS*??! seriously. wow. (WOW!!!) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Fabulous shape card! You did an awesome job creating a pattern on the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - love your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowee this is stunning Chrissie, I love all your beautiful stamping and wonderful detail.
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really beautiful! Loving shape!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the butterfly! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing details, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just beautiful! i love the blue and yellow together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was thinking of a butterfly for this challenge, but would have had to draw one free hand...no template in my craft room :) Sooo, glad I didn't now that I see your card, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea to do a butterfly! I love the colors... anyone who got this on their birthday would surely smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie