Friday 22 May 2009

365 Cards Day 83 Make it match


The challenge today at 365 card was to make the envelope match your card.
I've been struggling with this retirement card for a couple of days. I wanted to put an image of a lady doctor on the front, but only had a stamp of either a male doctor or a female nurse. SO I did a bit of doctoring myself. I covered up the cap and the hair bunches on the nurse before inking the stamp, and whipped off the tape before printing, then added some hair of an appropriate shade for the lady doctor concerned.
When the challenge for a matching envelope emerged this morning I decided that this would be the one that I would decorate. In the end I'm quite pleased, let's hope that the doctor will be too.
Chrissie

17 comments:

  1. Luv this challenge and your card is awesome!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Love the image.
    *Shari*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, this is just lovely and I am sure the doctor will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, Your card is just lovely and I am sure the doctor will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card set!!!

    hugs, Karen Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magnifique ! I love your card and the enveloppe !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card and envelope - I am sure the doctor will love it.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your set is so adorable, Chrissie!! Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a fabulous job with that stamp, I'm sure the recipient will love it as it's so personal.

    Really like the main backing paper you have used, such a subtle design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet card! You are so creative! I think the doctor will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful Chrissie I am sure the Doctor will love it. OMG i just looked up at Fi's comment and mine is almost identical lol too funny. I really love your card Chrissie and the colours are perfect.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just precious! I love her AND the color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great set, love the colours :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is lovely, love the colours and I am sure the Doc will love it
    Maz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic!! luv the lady and the colors you used :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. fab idea to amend your stamp like that. I'm often stuck for just the right image for an occasion and must keep this idea tucked somewhere I'll remember it.

    I like the colours on this one and the envelope matches well without being too fussy

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie