Tuesday 5 May 2009

Caardvarks - Don't quote me but... Spoonful of sugar - Touchy Feely ~ Creative Card Crew - Emboss


I just love this red that I have been using for the last couple of days.
I originally bought the paper to make envelopes for invitations for a Christmas wedding. In the end I was worried about the colour transferring to the embellishments on the invitations so I used ivory instead. Ergo, I have lots of red paper!
The sentiment, which I love, I made on the computer.
The DP is Shabby Princess, the flocked paper is Laura Ashley, the flowers are Woodware embossed with Cuttlebug textile embossing folder. The border punch is Martha Stewart and the leaf punch is Leonie Em.
A Spoonful of Sugar's challenge is 'touchy feely'... with the flocked paper and ribbon and embossing there's quite a bit to feel.
Caardvaarks challenge was to make a card with a verse or sentiment incorporated into the design. The layout just kind of emerged around the quotation.
The Creative Card Crew asked for embossing. There is a little on the flowers, which was done in the bug, the lines on the border were hand embossed.
The quote reads 'Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take... but by the number of moments that take our breath away.'

Thanks for visiting, I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave comments!

33 comments:

  1. Love the fabulous texture on those punched leaves and how you used the border punch and touch of flocked paper ... gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card Chrissie. The sentiment is very true and I love the way you've gone around the edges in gold

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of eye candy here! Lovely, Lovely card!!! TFP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh--this is *AMAZING*! i love the gorgeous rich colors & there is soooooooo much luscious texture on here--SO very elegant and beautiful!!! (WOW!) ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a truly inspirational card and lovin the red....another fav colour..beautiful work chrissie...one talented lady....hugs sasyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red is my FAVORITE color, so anything red is pleasing to me :) Your paper would be beautiful for Christmas, but it works equally well here too. That ribbon is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, this is just gorgeous! So elegant...I just love the flowers and leaves surrounding the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice colours and floral details!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabuous card so elegent aand stylish ,love it ,hugs Dawnxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, I clicked on the photo for a close-up, love the textures and colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card. I too am a retired teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh such a beautiful card. I do love the verse on the front of the card.The colours are stunning, no wonder you use this alot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favourite quote beautifully presented - a wow of a card.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful as ususal! Well balanced design and lovely decorations!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  15. GORGEOUS -- LOVE the colors and that is one of my all time FAVORITE sentiments!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty. I love red too. The sentiment is such a great one. You did super..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Speaking of breaths....this is absolutely breathtaking! I love the colors (how soft) and all the details. Simply beautiful and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun quote. Very creative to make it on your own. Good job with the cardvark challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful, elegant card, stunning colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hiya Chrissie, this is one elegant card, I love the red!, thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and extraordinary look - great Job!

    Hugs Anja/Germany

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know I already left a comment on this wonderful card...but I also nominated you for a blog award :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. very elegant love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful and elegant card!!

    Greetings,
    Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful and stylish card Chrissie! I love the red you've used, very rich and luxurious and the verse is lovely, nice that the layout emerged around it, it's a gorgeous design. Well done on all those challenges. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Chrissie - this is absolutely beautiful. You are very talented my friend.

    Sherry (aka buttonjunkie)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is one of my favorite quotes... and boy does this card take my breath away! I love the red with the green accents.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job on all those challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card Chrissie. A beautiful colour combo, gorgeous embossing and wonderful details. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card. Love the colours, flocked papers and the flowers.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love how you used the leaves around the sentiment panel.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my! I LOVE this quote and card! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  33. WOW! This is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie