Wednesday 13 May 2009

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #6 A Sketch


A friend asked me to make a card for a friend of hers. She's often quite prescriptive about what she would like on the card and this is no exception.
When wondering how I should tackle this project I spotted the sketch from Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and decided immediately that this would be the layout for my card.
She wanted champagne or martini, the name, the age, the colour, etc., etc..
So here we are! I'm pleased... I hope that both my friend and the recipient will be too.
Cuttlebug embossing and lettering, Nesties shapes, martini glass stamp from Art Impressions. I believe that the paper is from Shabby Princess, but can't be too sure on that.
I love the effect of using a strip of backing paper underneath plain organza ribbon, I think it makes it look a lot more interesting. What think you?

11 comments:

  1. Hiya Chrissie, gorgeous card, love the cocktail glass :O) thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on all points! Love the colours actually and agree about backing strip under organza, I always pop some satin ribbon or something underneath, never feel it looks right on it's own

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is gorgeous and oh so fun! Thanks for joining in this week at SSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! So lovely. Thanks for playing. Hugs, Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious card to give someone...love the image you chose and the colors are just perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Chrissie, great stamp. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a fab card Chrissie, I think your friend will be pleased. Love all the embossing you've done on it. Thanks for playing this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie, what a fabulous card!! The strip of backingpaper behind the ribbon looks really great! Embossed panel and papers are gorgeous!
    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie

    Beautiful take on the sketch, love the fresh colour.

    Thank you for taking part in the stamptacular challenge.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card ;)

    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week ;0)

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a really beautiful card thank you for taking part

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie