Tuesday 19 May 2009

Truly Scrumptious #7 Going Dotty


I've had this sketch pinned up on my noticeboard for a few days and each time I've started to think about it, I had to abandon it as I wasn't happy with the direction in which I was going. HOWEVER, this morning a new die from Spellbinders dropped on my doormat and Hey Ho! an idea for my card.
The antique bookplate is a lovely die and I thought it would be perfect for the centre of this sketch. This beautiful sentiment, which reads 'In a friend you find your second self', is from Penny Black. The dotty paper is from Clare Curd's Signature range. That stack is SO versatile.
Having just looked at the original drawing, I realise that I have got an element missing, but I don't mind, I hope you don't.

6 comments:

  1. hiya chrissie this is one gorgeous card.....all your work is fabulous....hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry I have not been by in so long. I perused your blog...you have been so busy! All your card creations are as lovely as ever.

    I nominated you for a blog award :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Chrissie, the sentiment made me smile and the die is beautiful, I imagine you'll get lots of use out of it.

    Thanks so much for the lovely award you've left me, will pop it on my blog when I feel a bit brighter

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card and sentiment, I always love B&W :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie

    Well you hae made a brilliant card - that bookplate is gorgeous - well worth waiting for and the dotty paper is perfect

    Thanks for joining us on Ts

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card Chrissie! I love the colours and the cute little charm! Thanks for joining the Truly Scrumptious challenge!
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie