Monday 18 May 2009

365 Cards Day 79 Monday's Manufacturer


For the challenge at 365 cards today the mission is to use our favourite manufacturer for the majority of the card. The paper I have used for this card is a richly flocked one from Laura Ashley. To be honest it's really too grand to be 'backing paper' and so I have used it as a feature in its own right.

The matching plain, deep red is left over from some wedding invitations which I made just before last Christmas. Luckily it is a superb match!

I read the sentiment somewhere or other recently and thought how lovely it was, so I wrote this on my computer. It reads 'Everyone smiles in the same language' . Not wanting to spoil the effect of the paper with another image I decided that a little butterfly would fit the bill. This one, from Cuttlebug die, I cut out twice, the top layer being in vellum. I then embossed that with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and after inking the edges I added a little Glamour Dust. Good old Glamour Dust, it's fab isn't it!!

The border is punched with a Martha Stewart punch and an off cut of the main paper added under the narrow organza ribbon.

I'm pleased, I hope you like it!


PS I have had a query from Helen regarding the fonts on this card. The fancy one is Scriptina and the other is Andalus I believe. I put the separate pieces of text into text boxes with no outline and also transparent, so that I could place the words exactly where I wanted them!

17 comments:

  1. Chrissi, this card is beautiful. I have those LA papers and never really done much with them but now I shall take another look.

    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie your card is truly elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, what a gorgeous Laura Ashley card...flocked paper is thee best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, that is just so elegant, that paper is just beautiful.
    Hugs
    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an elegant card-very regal and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is Gorgeous, I love everything laura Ashley, you should see my house!
    Your card is so elegant, the person who gets this will love it I know I would love to get something like this
    Maz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chrissie, I am fast becoming a BIG fan of your work. This latest creation is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree Chrissie it is too lovely to be background paper. How elegant is it? Laura Ashley continues to create stunning designs. I did not realise that she had gone into scrapbooking papers I thought she was home decor.
    Hugs
    Michelle
    P.S. I have just gotten out of bed so I am about to go play with The Timster (I wish) but I will play with his products instead.
    *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissie this is great! I love it. I love the idea behind the challenge, I am going to check them out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color in your card and the 3-d butterfly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning, just gorgeous rich colour and fab design.
    hugs
    En

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so elegant!! so glad you didnt cover it up :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chrissie....it's just stunning! I love the colors, that paper is gorgeous and the entire design is just beautiful!
    Thanks for leaving me such encouraging comments on my blog today (and every day!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card, so classy :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yet another classy card. That flocked paper is lovely and I agree, far too nice to cover up. You've done a smashing job with this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Chrissie

    I have just found your blog, and your cards are just fabulous!! Thanks for sharing, you have given me loads of inspirations, and a shopping list to make my card weep, tee hee. Please could you tell me what font you used to do this sentiment? I just love it, and have seen it on stamps, but never the font itself.

    I have favourited this site, so will keep checking in :o)

    Kind regards
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie