Saturday 11 October 2014

One, Two!

At "Less is More" this week the challenge is to have a ONE layer card, with two of something on it!
Here are my efforts for this week.
I opened a drawer and spotted the stamp for this pair of Santa's boots and couldn't resist them. I clear embossed them after stamping to make them nice and shiny and added a little Flowersoft to the tops of them for the furry bits. The stamp is from Hero Arts, framed by an embossed, Dienamics pierced square.
Here are a couple of digi flowers from A Day for Daisies, which I combined and added a computer generated sentiment.
They were coloured with watercolour pencils and blended with a water brush.
The spatters are from Stampin' Up's Gorgeous Grunge set.

This last one is actually a one layer for the image, it's merely added to the front of the card to conceal the inks which bled through from the colouring.  I could have left it as a card front, but it looks a little gross on the inside without doing this process.
The stamp is an old one which needs to be glued to the acrylic block, as it isn't self adhering. I'm afraid I don't know the make. The sentiment is from Mama Elephant.

I've been busy this week finishing some stationery and bits and bobs for a wedding. Here is one of the table names, a place card and a card for one of the guests on each table who is being nominated to be the carver for his table. 

The tall card is a menu.
I haven't stuck the table plan down yet, I want to make sure that the bride is happy with the orientation before I finally stick it!

I made a whole bunch of these bags , for the bride and groom to pop some favours in and place on the pillow of each guest. They are taking over the whole hotel! I think they're going to include some paracetamol!


22 comments:

  1. All fantastic Chrissie and beautifully CAS. I think Santa's boots look really fun and a unique idea. That wedding stationary is so elegant too. You must be very patient...I get bored making loads of the same thing. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Chrissie, and very beautiful stationery. I'm echoing Sarah, you must really be very patient.
    Thank you so much for picking me at the Less Is More blog, I've sent an email to you.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. I love the daisies. Stunning wedding stationery.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this week's theme and the cards you have made! The shiny Santa boots are fun and I really like the grungy daisies :). The wedding stationery is beautiful - very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards Chrissie and great wedding stationary, very stilysh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely assortment of makes today! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards Chrissie - love your wedding set too - the little pillow bags are a cute idea!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration Chrissie!
    The wedding stationery looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards are wonderful but that wedding stationery is stunning!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All very different but each superb in its own right. Like others have said, you must be very patient - boredom stops me from making 2 cards the same, I couldn't do a whole set!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your 'pair' cards and the wedding suite of cards are gorgeous. I'm so glad I have an on-line dictionary 'cause I'd never heard what it was they might put in the bags - now I know, and it would probably be very good to have a supply of those. Always enjoy your lovely cards though I don't always respond in writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some great technique work happening on this challenge Chrissie! Thank you for sharing so many ideas for us to try ourselves - they are all so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have had a busy week and they all look great xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful one layer cards Chrissie !

    ReplyDelete
  15. How clever of you to use a pair of boots Chrissie. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful cards and fabulous wedding stationary too...all very classy!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those Santa boots are such fun with their furry tops, Chrissie ... love the shimmer on the sweet blooms and those cats are so cute! Amazing wedding stationery ... elegant and very stylish! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love them all - especially the Santa boots one.....gorgeous.
    Your wedding stationery is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your one layer cards Chrissie. Those Santa boots are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful inspirational cards. Love the santa boots.
    The wedding stationery is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my Chrissie you have been a busy bee!such beautiful CAS cards I adore all of them.What amazing wedding stationery too, love the little pillows also,very lucky bride and groom ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all your cards but specialy the two cats.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie