Monday 27 October 2014

A few cards

When I saw the challenge at Muse, it really appealed to me. I don't use designer paper much these days but to use it in a CAS way is still OK in my book.
This is from a sheet of HOTP Vintage Christmas paper. Each card uses a little of it and all have the theme of Christmas trees. Not a rubber stamp or ink pad got anywhere near any of these, they are all merely die-cuts... but they please me.
Sentiments by Simon Says Stamp and Sizzix, trees from  Memory Box and Poppy Stamps.
This is the inspiration! What beautiful cards!
Another Christmas card here this time following the sketch from CASe this Sketch!
Simon Says Stamp snowflakes and Sizzix sentiment on a Sheena Douglass embossed base.
Finally another card following a sketch, this time from Freshly Made Sketches
Once more I seem to be on a die-cutting trip. The sun is from Lawn Fawn, the hello from Clearly Besotted and the embossing folder from Darice.
Off to Slimming World again this evening... I've been on target weight-wise for quite some time, and although it might be good to be just a tad lighter, I feel pretty good at this weight. If I go too far, I start to really look my age! I guess I have to choose between too much around the middle or too little around the face!

28 comments:

  1. Chrissie!!!! How absolutely brilliant! Each die-cut, tree themed card is gorgeous with the perfect amount of DP! Oh you have made my heart so happy...thank you so much for playing along!

    =]Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous cards, Chrissie! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Chrissie, the trees are very classy!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chrissie these are all so lovely and what a clever way to use your backing paper. I like the snowflake technique on the 2nd picture. All really classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous cards as usual. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie, keep that die-cutting trip going, because your 'travel destination' cards are STUNNING! The trio for Muse took my breath away, and then when I saw your second one, my jaw dropped. Add to that the third lovely and oh my...swooning. Absolutely fabulous, every one! WOW!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards. All clean and simple, all with eye-catching designs. Thanks for including Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning display Chrissie - each card is more gorgeous that the last! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are all so lovely and clean. You have such a gorgeous style.I love the stylish combo of colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you've proved that DP can still be clean and simple! So glad you joined us at Muse, Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I for one am tickled to see all your die cut cards! Your Muse trio is amazing -- jaw dropping amazing!! And I'm just smitten with your CTS snowflakes card. It's truly beautiful. Sweet FMS card too. Love the embossed birds sitting in the sun. Great cards, Chrissie!! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant cards Chrissie, I'm following your blog now.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful bunch of cards. The Muse trio is so CAS and beautiful, the other two a perfect for their respective sketches. Love the inlaid snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chrissie, you made my jaw drop. Oh my these are ALL, each and every one, so clean, precise and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully clean and simple designs!!! Absolutely wonderful take on the Muse Challenge and your sketch inspired cards are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, so many fabulous cards. All so clean, simple and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are fabulous. I love CAS and you are right, the little hit of this patterned paper is just the right amount!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the cards you made with the designer paper - beautifully clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Chrissie, these are all glorious ... crisp, clean, fresh and so beautifully CAS! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are beautiful! Love the simple, bold look.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Chrissie!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm so in love with all of these cards, Chrissie! They are all winners in my book!! And I see you won a well-deserved Top Three at MUSE!! Congratulations!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie