Tuesday 15 September 2009

Our Creative Corner , SPCC, A Spoonful of Sugar , ABC Challenges + Pile it On



I seem to have been out of the loop for a while, since looking after Daisy for a few days. I don't seem to have found much inspiration either, maybe I'm tired after trying to keep my eyes on a 14 month old little one.
Anyway this card is for five challenges. The colour combination of Really Rust, Basic Black and Whisper White is from SPCC and being autumnal I thought the combination perfect for the Autumn Colours of Fall Y'All from Our Creative Corner and Fall into Autumn for A Spoonful of Sugar this week. The combo challenge blog Pile it On request Black, White + one other colour, so this is fine for that too.
For the ABC Challenge there must be die-cuts in evidence and so my Nesties proved most useful!
I hand stamped the background on the rust paper with a stamp from My Mind's Eye, and used the bird stamp from the same company. I believe the sentiment is from Hero Arts.
Yesterday I bought a Granny stroller to use when Daisy is here with us and also for when I take her into town in Bath. The handles on my daughter's stroller are really low and I'm not too good going down the hills in Bath. You can't believe how excited I am about this buggy. I bought it in Toys R Us and I think it's fab! I can't wait to take Daisy out in it!
Small things please small minds so they say!

21 comments:

  1. Cute card! Your ribbon treatment is done so perfectly. I often have to re-do my bows until I am happy with them; yours is professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back lovey - you know I missed you!

    Need a photo of this new stroller of yours, James' mum and dad can't wait to 'have a go' on our double one!

    Card is beautiful, a perfect Chrissie card

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Granny' stroller? A new world opens up again! Love the card, and June is right, how come your riboon is always so perfect?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! I love the flowers on the rust CS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Chrissie, what a fun layout and I LOVE the warm colors.

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Our Creative Corner!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chrissie! Found your blog over at Our Creative Corner.

    Love your card! Your bird really pops out among the black and the rust! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small mind - no way! You could'nt produce cards like this with a small mind. Now, creative I will agree with. Eileen x

    ps. looking forward v.much to next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous!! great image and I love the colour combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Great card, I love your hand stamped background paper.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Chrissie!!
    so glad you joined us this week at SPCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is perfect - love how simple and beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kewl bird...Thanks for Playing at PIO

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card - love that bird image! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great stamping! Love your card

    Amy -- Pile It On DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, great background! Thank you for playing with PIO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! Love that birdie!!

    Heidi SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  17. C, this is excellent!! I love that patterned paper!!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SPCC Creator
    http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie