Monday 7 September 2009

365 Cards Days 190 & 191 & Cuttlebug Spot - For the Birds


For today's card at 365 Cards the theme is Musical Monday, based on the song Chantilly Lace by the Big Bopper.
A juke box came to mind and so with the lace and the quote, which is a line from the song, '...makes the world go round', my card was done.
I went to the Christening of my niece's son yesterday, which took place in Bray in Berkshire. When shaking hands with the vicar after the service, the folk song, the 'Vicar of Bray' jumped into my mind and I spent the rest of the day trying to remember the last 2 lines of the first verse. I don't think I've sung it since I was a teenager so it's not surprising I couldn't remember all the words. The vicar couldn't help me out either, but he did remind me of the chorus. Apparently all the words are up on the wall in the local pub, we didn't go in there, but I looked them up in my folk song book when I got home!



Anyone looking at this card together with the sketch on which is was based for 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday, will need a healthy imagination to see any correlation between the two. However it's also for the Cuttlebug Spot - For the Birds.
I found it fiendishly difficult to think of anything that vaguely resembled the original and my meanderings led me to this card.
The aperture is the circley shape, the bottom of the bow is the triangly shape and there is a length of ribbon running from side to side to imitate the central part of the sketch.
I rest my case!

14 comments:

  1. I remember that song! Great idea with the lace and the jukebox!
    Beautiful bird card love the colours and design.Thanks so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugspot this week
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Both cards are just beautiful! I especially like the 2nd card, just awesome! Chantilly lace has me stumped, maybe it's too early for me to think! Great work Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about the jukebox too, but decided to go with my first thought...the malt shoppe. You have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Chrissie on Both of your cards!!! Love the jukebox and your bird card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chrissie ~ great job on both challenges. I will probably do mine later this week once my sister goes home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards Chrissie. I think I'm going to have to dig for some lace... and I don't really have any images that are evocative of the Big Bopper era, so it's going to take some thought. How clever to do a juke box!!

    And I DO have a vivid imagination, but I didn't need it to see the sketch inspiration in your second card. I think it's very clever to make the circle more dominant than the triangle there. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfection, once again!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job on both cards. And I very well remember this song. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure rocked the sketch! Love that card. I also like the one for today. I have that same jukebox sticker thingie from Jolee's but decided I could not make it fit my card. So I put it back in my "hoard."

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of these cards are fabulous! So glad you joined us this week at TCS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chrissie - both your cards are great! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the black lace and everything else on your jukebox card! Love the bird card too! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. i think these are both great. the first one is PERFECT for the big bopper, and i can definitely see the correlation for the sketch. of course its just an inspirational piece right... you can do what you want with it!! NIce job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! Perfect card for a jukebox!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie