Wednesday 9 September 2009

365 Cards Day 193 Card Recipe


I have just arrived at my daughter's, ready for babysitting duties with Daisy tomorrow. I made a card for today's challenge before leaving home, but didn't have chance to do the posting before I left. So after a good journey down and having had a bite to eat, I have a few moments to myself.
This card is for this recipe-
5x5 Card
4 different patterned papers
3 blossoms
1 stamped (ink or digital) image
5 rhinestones
The sentiment is up to you

The prospect of 4 different papers on this size of card is a little tricky, but I decided to piece o few strips together almost quilt like, so that gave me the idea to do the faux stitching.
The papers are My Mind's Eye and I think that the gingham one is Laura Ashley, but it tones beautifully with the others.
The image and sentiment are from Unity Stamps... I really rather like them. The flowers are from a Woodware Punch. The twinkles don't show up too well, but they are there and sparkle quite nicely in the sunlight.

8 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I love that image - and the papers and colours you've chosen. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good way to use so many papers on one small card, I wouldn't have thought of it LOL.
    I love the almost patchwork quilt look to this :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Chrissie, this is excellent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is goreous! I love the papers you've used and the stamped image is too cute! Beautiful card! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed when I read this, can just imagine your panic at 4 patterned papers! It's great though and the faux stitching looks incredibly real too.

    Have a wonderful day today with Daisy. Me and Zac have just made fairy cakes - tey ned to cool before we ice them, that'll be a job for after his nap I think.

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! Love the fun image! and I love how you have created a patcwork effect with the paterned papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Chrissie. Love the delicate colours. Have a super duper weekend.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catching up. This is fabulous I love the colours and the bird is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie