Friday 25 September 2009

Cuddly Buddly Debut


Today I have been catching up for the fact that yesterday was a babysitting day for me in Bath with my Granddaughter. When I got home there were parcels for me from Cuddly Buddly, where I have just joined the team of Fabulously Crafty Friends. Naturally today I wanted to use some of my new stamps and so I combined my first card for Cuddly Buddly with yesterday's challenge from 365 Cards together with the sketch from Papertake.
This was to combine 3 previous Challenges, namely from June, July and August. For these I chose Day 118 I've been framed, (create a frame) Day 139 Try a Technique (Paper Piercing) and Day 161 Cool Collage, (to cover the whole of the front of the card.)
The stamps are from Cuddly Buddly Daisy Patch (the corner) and Garden Fence (the central daisies). The papers are a Cuddly Buddly download A Patchwork of Papers Green. The green corners were made from 2 square Nesties (but rectangles would do) cut one inside the other and then the corners were cut diagonally from the frame.
I used my DIY Lego Stampamaig to help position the stamps for the Daisy frame.

For today's 365 Challenge 'It's a Jungle out there' I chose this Dustin Pike Digi stamp, coloured with Derwent Inktense Pencils and a water brush and inspired by the sketch 33 from Card Patterns.
The papers are Bloom and Grow from My Mind's Eye, the sentiment is Papermania and the diecutting is Cuttlebug.

20 comments:

  1. very simple and lots of fun! Great colours with the monkey and I love that sentiment, was it part of a set?

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great start bu Cuddly Buddly! Beautiful and elegant card!!

    And the monkey... so cute!! :)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of the cards that you created. I really like the green card - the daisy border is very pretty and unique.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such lovely cards Chrissie, such great colour combos and stamping for each one! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chrissie,
    Fabulous Cuddly Buddly card - I love it!
    The second card is brilliant too - my fave papers and a very cute image.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them both but the Cuddly Buddly card is especially gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so sweet Chrissie! Who can resist that cute little monkey?? Not me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I just like to say "Cuddly Buddly!" hee hee How stinking cute are those images! Your cards are lovely and A-dorable! Fantastic use of the C/P sketch! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards! Both are wonderful! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super card Chrissie.

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the daisies, one of my most favouritist flowers, made for a lovely fresh card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such sweet cards chrissie...it is always fun to receive new goodies :) have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both so lovely Chrissie, fab designs and I'm loving the little monkey!
    Hope you're well Chrissie,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chrissie, great job on catching up and I love both cards.
    Be watching your mail your parcel left Minnesota on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh, what a happy mail day for you! Beautiful cards, the framed daisies are lovely. Beautiful papers and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab cards Chrissie, love them both. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  17. super cute card chrissie..thanks for joining in the fun this week at PTW...hugs kath (GDT)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your green card Chrissie. It's so pretty. I love the choice of papers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super cards Chrissie love that set, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie