Monday 28 September 2009

There She Goes Spooky Cracked Glass


Well this is a first for a couple of reasons. I don't think I've ever made a Halloween Card before... I'm not too sure if I agree with sending them in the first place, however, I had this stamp in a bunch I bought second hand on eBay, so I thought I'd have a go... I fancied this challenge technique anyway!
On the There She Goes blog there is a link to the tutorial for this process of giving a cracked glass effect. I used several layers of clear embossing powder before putting the piece of card in the freezer. I do actually have some Crackle Glaze, but I thought that I would try this alternative technique for myself.
I thought that the crackle background stamp I used together with a goodly portion of distress inks were quite fitting.
I think that next time I'd need extra layers of embossing powder for a more pronounced cracked effect.
What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. Oh so spooky! The cracked glass looks great and I love th layout and straw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh what a fun technique. I'm going to nake a few more Halloween cards this year from Zac - just because they seem fun and now I can!
    ictoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab Chrissie, love the effect you have achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB card Chrissie, its our wedding anniversary on halloween so we celebrate it..but for different reasons LOL

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very impatient, and use thin card to emboss the layers of powder on, thenflex it a coupleof times, cracks a good 'un! I disin't send Hallowe'en cards until my sis moved to the US. It's such a fun, non scary day for them that I do send a couple to them now, but still not to anyone here at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very cool. I love your cracked image. It really looks nice. I think this is such a fun technique. Your background is the perfect choice. Thanks for playing in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I love the cracked glass look. I am sure this is really something in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did a great job on this challenge, I love your card! Thanks for playing along in our TSG Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie