Thursday 3 September 2009

365 Cards Day 187 Label It


When I started to ponder what to do for this label challenge from 365 Cards, I can't think what made a wine bottle spring into my mind!!!!
So here we are, I put on 2 labels for good measure. I thinks it's the sort of card that would do for a chap; they're always difficult to cater for.
I made a card blank and covered it with the burgundy paper before cutting out the bottle shape for which I'd drawn and made a template. I then stamped it with Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder to give a sheen. A bit of gold card for the foil cap, stick on the label and Bob's your uncle!

12 comments:

  1. Great card Chrissie, and you are right, it's perfect for a male. Brilliant!
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie, now how stinkin' fun and creative is this???!!!!! Great job on the label challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Chrissie...I thought about doing something like that but figure so did someone else so I had to come up with something a little outside the box...Again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever one, Such a super take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome!!! your so creative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool!! I love the card shape, very clever. It looks as thought we both went to the wine cabinet for inspiration!!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very creative, Chrissie and a fabulous way to showcase a special wine. Another wonderful idea to tuck in this brain 'o mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that embossing works, looks very glass like. Great idea to go for a bottle of wine. I made one once for my father in law, it was a bit of a sarcastic label as I remember, something along the lines of him drinking too much...

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. By the way I do love your 'I'd rather be bloggin' little moving image, it makes me chortle each time I see it

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card and I love the matching little tag! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most excellent, Chrissie! Beautiful job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie