Saturday 5 September 2009

Penny Black Saturday Challenge ~ Hearts Desire


With this card I've been following my 'Heart's Desire' by doing lots of stamping!
I have just received my Penny Black Challenge prize from 1-2-3-Stitch. I chose some Penny Black stamps and I have used them here. The overprinting in the corner is 'Inclinations' and 'Golden leaves'. Aren't they fabulous stamps!
The little printed butterflies are from a peg stamp from Laura Ashley and the punched butterfly is from a small X Cut punch. The sentiment which I generated on the computer reads 'Love is like a butterfly, it goes where it pleases and pleases wherever it goes.'
I really like the effect of the gold overprinted with Stazon Timber Brown.

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow Chrissie stunning card, love these gorgeous stamps you brought with your prize..fabulous !! and you sentiment is just perfect..Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC..have a lovely weekend
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, lovely images and gorgeous colours!
    Keryn :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card chrissie...I love the images and beautifully overstamped with the two inks........thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie

    this is stunning, wow it's amazing I love it to bits.

    At first I started reading and thought the sentiment was going to be the lyrics from the theme tune to 'Butterflies' with Wendy Craig (instant trip down memory lane...)

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely superb, I love the muted tones and the sentiment is really lovely :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card Chrissie
    AllisoNX

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly beautiful card, and such lovely unusual colours Arlinex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is beautiful! I love the colour scheme you've used and the stamp and sentiment are gorgeous! Thanks for joining in with the PB challenge!

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Chrissie this is a total stunner - very stylish. Love the use of various stamps together and fab sentiment. Thanks for joining in the PBSC this week
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is just so beautiful! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, elegant card, wonderful sentiment too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like your card Chrissie! So beautiful!
    Hugs, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely card and a beautiful sentiment to fulfill your "heart's desire."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie