Friday 4 September 2009

365 Cards Day 188 Touchy, Feely Friday & Creative Inspirations Blue & brown


Sitting here on my new chair (my previous new chair had started to wobble ominously) I am starting the day with a card for 2 challenges.
Yesterday was spent sitting on various chairs in Staples as my husband's chair in the study had broken the previous day, leaving him in heap on the floor. So when the salesman realised we were going to buy TWO chairs, his eyes lit up. I decided that I wasn't going to buy a real cheapy this time, but still need a fairly small chair to fit into the space in my craft room. We were both satisfied with what we purchased... Phil's chair is much more comfortable than the one which is destined for the tip and my little chair has arms, which is an innovation for me, and makes it really comfy when I'm contemplating what to do next on a project! It also whizzes more efficiently than my last two chairs, so I'm well pleased.
On to this card. For 365 we have to add felt or flock. I decided on the latter. I'm not sure if it shows up on the picture, but I used the Pink Petticoat image and after colouring it in line with Creative Inspirations' challenge of blue & brown, I glued the body of the sheep and added the fun flock.
The blue background paper I overstamped with random dots in brown and a crackle stamp in gold. The die-cutting is Spellbinders, the sentiment is Hero Arts and the flourish is My Mind's Eye.
We off to see Daisy for the day today, so I'd better get going!
Have a lovely day!Add Image

25 comments:

  1. I love you card it is gorgeous! thanx for joining us at creative inspirations this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so cute Chrissie. I like blue and brown together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sweet! Anyone receiving this card would feel better instantly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovley Chrissie - how funny - flcok used on a sheep! that tickled me...

    Have a very odd mental picture now of you whizzing around your craft room on your new chair without stopping, just grabbing paper and inks as you pass by.

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet card chrissie...love the sparkly flock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie, this card is so cute. I need to get busy and find a new chair too one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how sweet is this? cute cute cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet little lamb. She is adorable and your card is precious!

    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That image is so cute - and what a great idea to flock him. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love the cute sheep. Enjoy your new chairs...to flock or not to flock, that is the question!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely fun card :o)
    Sorry I have nor been on to comment much for a few days, but my workload has been great!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww that is one CUTE card!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah, Howard and Hilda choose chairs eh? Glad you found something suitable and comfortable. This Howard and Hilda recently replaced the suite. If I'd had it on 24 hour approval it would have had to go back. Seats are too deep - my little fat feet don't touch the floor! I have a tractor seat style bar stool at my worktable....hmm, this could be an interesting subject for a WOYWW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card today Chrissie. The flocking on the sheep was a wonderful idea.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the sheep on your card. The papers are very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh So pretty Chrissie, love it, love the blue and brown. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww....love the flocking on the sheep! What a cute, cute card!!! Great job! Glad you aren't sitting on the floor like DH!!! Yippee for armrests and chairs that zip around so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card! Love that little lamb and the blue and brown together! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. SO sweet! Great job on the challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Chrissie-
    I love everything about your card! The sheep, the stamping on the background paper, and the flourish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another clever, cute, card. Hope you had a great day with Daisy. ikki

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card! Love the swirls stamp you have used in the corner andds abit of detail! thanks for joining in over at creative inspirations! rach xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie