Friday 2 August 2019

Just one third


Recently I added to my die collection with a few sets of flowers and foliage from Sizzix. This is from one of the sets. I cut several die cuts and layered them before heat embossing with several layers of embossing powder. I used  a mix of gold and silver (which I had labelled PLATINUM on the pot, but actually it was just the mixed up leftovers from some multi coloured embossing and I didn't want to throw it away!) It's quite an interesting mix. The background panel was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and the sentiment is from an old wooden stamp from Hero Arts, cut with a  tiny stitched rectangle die which just happened to fit exactly. I don't know the make of this die, it was bought cheaply as part of a set on Amazon!
This is my Designer card for Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge, which is to use one third of the card for your design. Lots of lovely white space!


If you are afraid of leaving white space, this will be a great challenge for you to have a go... If you can only use a third of your card for the design... you're bound to have oodles of white space!
Job Done!

5 comments:

  1. this is stunning, Chrissie - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the EF you've used as the backdrop to the gorgeous metal effect flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so beautiful and elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! What an interesting mix of embossing powders - it gives such a gorgeous look - your card is absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That die cut is beautiful, and I love the smooth effect you get with multiple layers of embossing, I must do that again. A gorgeous CAS creation of yours as always x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie