Saturday 10 August 2019

Wet Saturday

What better way to spend a wet Saturday than in my craft room making cards and listening to a little Finzi... perfect!
This first card is for the challenge at CASe this Sketch
I had stamped the visible Image butterfly some time ago and couldn't decide how to treat it until I saw the sketch at CASe this Sketch and then this ame into my mind!
I inlaid the love die into the front panel by cutting out the first one and replacing it with four plain die cuts, layered on top of each other and finally adding the original on the rest. After this I simply scattered a few tiny seed pearls across this image.

This next card is for the challenge at CAS Stencil.

I made a stencil of uneven chevrons from acetate, using my Portrait. I laid this over my card, masking some of it with paper towels, then sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Golden Mint. Actually I was limited in what spray I could use as they have been sitting for quite some time in their box and a lot of the jets were blocked. I managed to get this one functioning by putting the  spray part in hot water and pumping away. It was enough to clear this one but the others were more obstinate. I may end up decanting their contents into other spray bottles.
This in fact was not the card which was sprayed, this is a print that I took from the stencil after I had taken if off the original card! SO I had two images, one positive and one negative.
I cut a couple of leaf sprays, one from card and one from the paper towel I used to mop up the work surface! The sentiment is from Stampin' Up and the butterfly die cut from All Occasion Dies.
The ink I used for the sentiment is Twisted Citron Distress ink... stamped a couple of times to give greater strength of colour. I thought it a good match for the shimmer spray!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely chevron background for your pretty dies Chrissie. And the Twisted Citron colour WAS a perfect match for your spray.
    Thanks for adding your fab make to the CAS Stencil gallery!x
    (I cleared some of mu blocked sprays using a very long hatpin that was my Great-Grandma's - she'd have had a fit if she knew!! All I could think of at the time! In my defence I did clean it afterwards and pop it back in the bottom of my jewellery box!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful Chrissie. I particularly like the butterfly card - those colours are wonderful together and you've used that gorgeous textured cardstock again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully artsy stenciled background on your textured cardstock. I love your added die cut butterfly,leaves and monochromatic colors. So pleased you added your card to our CAS Stencil Challenge. TFS your 1st beautiful card too. I love the butterfly and die cut inlaid Love and tiny beads too. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Chrissie, great stenciling and love that you used the spray left on the stencil to create the negative....I'm liking that colour and glad you got one spray bottle working - having trouble with some of mine too. Thanks for sharing with CAS Stencil, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some very nice craftsmanship on this card; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stencil monoprint is so bright and cheerful, Chrissie ... LOVE that colour! So pretty with the paper towel leaves. The butterfly is the perfect accent. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful designs here Chrissie! LOVE your love card! with the layered die cut out and that wonderful watery butterfly stamping! The partial green negative of your spray stenciling on the 2nd card is so pretty with the stem overlays - I always love to see your cards in the CAS Stencil challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie