Saturday 17 August 2019

New Butterfly

 

I just received this new die.. it's by Alexandra Renke  and I've wanted to try one of these 
three quarter view die cuts for some time. I began by cutting out the butterfly and then adding colour by using some paper towels that I had used for mopping up other projects (and saved specifically for this purpose) and transferring the colour to the die cut by spritzing with water and pressing the towels onto the card.

I used the colours from Color Throwdown daubing on a little Frayed Burlap ink to define the body of the butterfly. I overprinted the wings with a script stamp from Stampin' Up in the same ink.
The hexagons are also designed by Alexandra Renke.
I've really been enjoying colouring die cuts of late, you  can achieve some really interesting results!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful delicate butterfly, gorgeous colours and I love those dies! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a stunning CAS design! That technique sounds like fun...you got beautiful results! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CAS card! So happy you joined us at CTD
    ,

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty. I love the gold and the die cut butterfly. just lovely. thanks for linking up with CTD.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie