Wednesday 14 August 2019

A sketch

I've been having a bit of fun colouring some die cuts. I began by dropping a few shades of green Aqua Tints onto the cut pieces of card, they did swim around a little, but the different shades did have an effect. Once dry I still wasn't really thrilled with the result so I daubed on a little Distress Ink around the edges, still not quite there, so I darkened the stalks with a marker. I decided to leave it at that!
I mounted the stalks on a piece of textured die-cut, kraft card and added a tiny sentiment from WPlus9.
I based the layout on the sketch from Colours and Sketches but reversed the orientation. A few tiny brown pearls completed the card.




6 comments:

  1. Worht all the effort, Chrissie, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, great coloring
    greetings, martina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way those green sprigs turned out Chrissie and they look wonderful against the natural background - and you've used that gorgeous textured card stock again! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, Chrissie ! Sweet and simple. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely leafys! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love the color combinations you used! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie