The challenge at Less is More this week is to use newsprint somewhere in the design of the card.
- I began by stamping an Impression Obsession newsprint stamp onto some ivory paper.
- Next I stamped some Clearly Besotted leaves and an acorn in shades of Distress Ink, over the first stamping, placing the stamps in the orientation I needed for my finished card.
- I die-cut the leaves and the acorn and stuck them onto a piece of ivory card in the desired position. At this point the leaves were surrounded by the card on all sides.
- I drew a pencil line from the top to the bottom of the card at the point where I wanted the die-cutting of the leaves to end and placed the card onto the cutting plate aligning my pencil line with the edge of the plate. Only the part of my card I wanted cutting was on the plate, the rest was hanging off the end. I then popped the dies over the leaves and acorn and ran it through my Cuttlebug. It took three passes to do this.
- I did a little more jiggery pokery to cut out the rest of the card with a Lil Inkers stitched die, cutting only up to the leaves and then reversing back through the machine.
The small leaf was cut by hand as there isn't a matching die for it.
The sentiment is from Gina K Designs.
I think maybe a few pictures are called for for this technique! I'll see what I can do. I'm hoping Santa will bring me a video camera so that I can start to do some proper tutorials, if I can get the hang of it!.
This card is in the same vein although there is no partial die-cutting here. The same background stamp was used with the same set of leaves from Clearly Besotted.
The embossing folder is Adagio from Couture Creations and the sentiment is from Stampin' Up. I thought that the little cascade of pearls added a sweet little touch.
Today we will be looking after our grandchildren until tomorrow... should be fun!