Thursday 30 October 2014

New technique...to me!

Somewhere in Blogland I saw a card that was made using an embossing folder together with a die to double emboss a piece of card.
This is my attempt at it!
I used a Sizzix holly embossoing folder with a Die- namics stitched strips metal die to emboss some card for the front of this card.
It takes a little sorting out of plates etc to get the correct sandwich, but this is what I did, to use in my Cuttlebug

  • Base plate
  • OPEN embossing folder (using only one side)
  • Solid die (facing upward)
  • Card
  • Kirsty Allsop Cuttlebug embossing mat (It's slightly thicker than an old style Cuttlebug embossing mat)
  • C Plate
DO NOT CLOSE THE EMBOSSING FOLDER!
I based this card on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches
Having dug out some DP for a previous challenge I decided to try to use up a little more for Christmas cards. I have no idea what make this is. I used a dienamics pierced pennant for the front but shortened it somewhat to fit the sketch.
The snowflakes are from Simon Says Stamp and the joy sentiment from Sizzix.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card and a great technique. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Chrissie and a very effective technique, definitely one to bookmark:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever. Fiddly but clever. Great card too so worth it.
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the double embossing. I will definitely be trying this. Thanks for the stacking info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! I've never seen the double embossing before but this really inspires me to give it a go! And I just love those SSS snowflakes - they are so on my wishlist :) Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely technique! It highlights the sentiment yet is still perfectly clean. I love your soft colors and that detailed die. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! I am not familiar with that technique, but I LOVE it. Your colors are beautiful too. Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie