Saturday 18 October 2014

Little creatures

On Thursday I did a little demo-ing at my local Hobbycraft store. I was doing mainly die-cutting with my new Cuttlebug... my old one was rather like me...showing signs of age!
I met some really lovely people, although my start was delayed by an emergency trip to the dentist after breaking my temporary bridge on Wednesday evening. 
In getting out my stash to take, I suppose the idea for this card came to mind. These dear little ladybird dies are from Elizabeth Designs. (Sometimes it's quicker to check the make of products online rather than scrabbling through my drawer of empty packets to find out.) The branch is Memory Box and the flowers are Sizzix. The edge punch is from Martha Stewart.

More ladybirds here, this time from Impression Obsession. I think they're rather cool
The challenge at "Less is More" this week is Little Creatures... I think these are small enough.
This afternoon I shall be heading off for a little retail therapy with a couple of chums and then we will be joined in the evening by our respective spouses for a meal to celebrate my friend's birthday!
What a nice way to spend a day!
I would like to say hi to Elaine, whom I met in Hobbycraft the other day, I tried to reply to her comment but I'm not sure if it works going through Blogger. So, Hi Elaine and thanks for your kind words!

16 comments:

  1. Cute ladybirds, lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards Chrissie, I like the little ladie bugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Chrissie and I can't choose between them as the both POP!
    Well done on your demo-ing and have a fun week. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both styles of ladybirds - great combination of dies on the first card and the little stamped ones are cute too - great font on the sentiment. Hope you have a wonderful day of retail therapy and birthday celebrations with your friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two fab cards Chrissie, love the little ladybird die! Wow get you, demoing, I'll be looking for an autograph next time I see you :-) Lucky people getting to see all your tips and tricks!
    Enjoy your shopping and celebratory meal
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards, I love ladybirds. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, I love ladybirds. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so wonderful! I'm sure to CASE the first one, though I don't have a ladybug die. I think I have a stamp around here someplace, though, that can be fussy-cut to serve the purpose. I'm always inspired by your cards. I don't have a blog and have never submitted anything on line (except comments) but I do send a lot of cards to family and friends and so appreciate the fabulous ideas blogland provides me. CAS really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are so wonderful! I'm sure to CASE the first one, though I don't have a ladybug die. I think I have a stamp around here someplace, though, that can be fussy-cut to serve the purpose. I'm always inspired by your cards. I don't have a blog and have never submitted anything on line (except comments) but I do send a lot of cards to family and friends and so appreciate the fabulous ideas blogland provides me. CAS really appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute. I thought I had a ladybird stamp but can't find one. so obviously not. I love yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute ladybug cards, Chrissie!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards Chrissie, especially the first with the 'cherry blossom' branch.
    Love Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both of these great ladybird cards Chrissie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two great cards Chrissie, love your ladybirds and that edge punch. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two super cards Chrissie, love the cute ladybirds. Hope your teeth are OK now and I am sure you enjoyed the retail therapy too ;)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two very different cards but both lovely Chrissie - I can's choose between them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie