Sunday 27 February 2011

Pearls and lace

This is one of the stamps I bought at Farnborough on Friday. It doesn't look terribly clear in this picture, but it is really pretty. It has been heat embossed with Silver Pearl.
I've been wanting to use some of this lace which has been knocking around for ages, and this is the first time I have managed to use some without it overpowering the card.... probably because half of it is obscured behind the image.
I began by just mounting the black onto some pearlised gunmetal paper, but it looked very drab. As soon as I added the pink layer the whole thing looked move vital.
The sentiment is a little old Stampin' Up one and I love it!
Penny Black - Pearls and Lace
Charisma Cardz - Black and White + One other colour!

14 comments:

  1. love the dramatic black lace as a backdrop to the flower image...perfect
    hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chrissie this is just gorgeous! I was just looking at a Little Claire flower stamp image yesterday wondering what I could do with it instead of the usual colouring in. Have a few ideas floating around in my head now. better get a move on and try some out before my dear hubby surfaces from the land of nod. Thanks for all your wonderful comments on my blog. I find them all really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Chrissie - a difficult one to photograph with all that detail.
    That slight hint of pink certainly gives the image a lift

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful and elegant!! I just love the black and white and that lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! There is a little something for you on my blog :-)
    Love, Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgous, love the colours and the lace xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. black whie and pink, a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous Chrissie. I love the black and white and all the texture on the card. I want to touch it! (does that make me weird?)
    Thanks for the tip about using grey Copics - not sure my shading is up to the job, but I will give it a go.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous stamp and the lace is lush, love the monochromatic scheme, thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOOOH la la, Chrissie that black lace is gorgeous, fab stamp, thanks for joining us at PBSC
    Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card! the lace is seriously GORGEOUS and i love the silver detail of your image. thanks for playing along at Charisma this week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. love how you've used this beautiful image chrissie.....thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie