Tuesday 15 February 2011

Going round in Circles

When I saw that the challenge at My Time To Craft for this week was entitled 'Going round in circles' I thought of a video I'd seen on You Tube, where someone made a bag from two circles.
 So this is my version!
I cut 2 circles from double sided card and then trimmed off the bottom of both circles to make the base of the  bag. Placing the sides together, I cut out the handles with a slim oval Nestie. The inner part of the bag should have been made with a paper bag, but as I didn't have one, I made one but it took me longer to make that than the rest of the bag. 
Decorated with a strip of card and a paper flower made from a variety of scallops and flower shapes finishes it off. A length of ribbon secures the handles together.
I like doing this kind of thing, but I don't always find a use for them.
Ladybug crafts - Anything but a card
A Spoonful of Sugar - Anything but a card

13 comments:

  1. Pretty bag Chrissie and effective (but I bet it wouldn't hold the contents of MY handbag! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely - am with you though, I have quite a few bits that I probably won't actually use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning card Chrissie :-)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute, what a lovely idea for an extra special gift, thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this..and it;s fabulous!
    I've been elsewhere...lol
    Love the flower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice - love the colour combo! Thx for sharing with us at Ladybug Crafts Ink!

    Mary J xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute; love the DP you've used!!

    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week!

    Hugs,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chrissie. I absolutely love this perfect combination of spots and bag;) Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chrissie
    This is gorgeous ...so easy when you know how ...but it looks gorgeous....
    hugs
    sylvie ...lov in your new Blog never thought i would do simple .....Sorry dont think i thanked you for putting the other card on for me ....
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxxx.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now Chrissie - had you made this last week and used a Funky Hand DP, this would have qualified for the 'Get Funky' challenge which ran from the 15th Jan to 14th Feb... exactly the same challenge... I really love it and those nestie flowers are always so fab.

    Any girly girl would love to receive this kind of card - so think about your choir friends who may have daughters, nieces or grandaughters. I'm sure it would be a massive hit!!!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous project Chrissie. I love the ribbon and flower, they really add the finishing touches.Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a brilliant bag - i love the design and the colour combo
    Thanks for joining su at LCI this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous bag! Love the spotty paper and the flower. Thanks so much for sharing with us at LCI this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie