Friday 18 February 2011

OLW 41

The challenge at One Layer Wednesday this week is for a Christmas card in Green and Red stamped on White or Cream.
Sounds easy I hear you say! Oh dear me no! Once I decided on my stamps which took quite some time as I found the limited colours a challenge in itself, I then proceeded to get the positioning wrong, the stamping uneven,   and the realisation dawned that I would have to mask the  'y' in 'Merry' in order to add the holly!
Finally I got that lot sorted only to  see a trace of ink on the bottom of the card and a little dab of green outside the line.... so that went in the bin.
The is the last chance saloon... this is it... no more attempts... I actually quite like it now!
Can't remember what make the stamps are as they are clings and the packaging has long since disappeared but come next Christmas, there'll be one fewer card to make!
I've just realised that I've given the holly albino berries... I was wondering whether to do mistletoe or holly and eventually settled on holly, but I think I must still have had the mistletoe in my mind... senior moment!
Fabulous Friday Challenge - NO pattern Paper

14 comments:

  1. Super card! So striking

    It kept you very quite for a while LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Chrissie! So unusual - simple but very effective. Don't take this the wrong way, but I do appreciate reading (occasionally!) that even great crafters struggle sometimes, like me (you only have to read my exploits since WOYWW this week! LOL) Thanks again for showing us your beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely - might have to save this design for batch making of cards at the end of year

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant chrissy! It is actually a hard challenge but you have nailed it! Thanks for sharing with us at frosted designs this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ** chrissie!! My daughter is Christie and her Nan always puts a y!! Aplogies xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great card, chrissie! love the big "merry" with the bit of holly on the "y"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely simple card Chrissie.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card - one of my favourite sets - Stampendous!! So simple, yet so elegant! Love the holly decoration too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card....really like the different and BIG fonts! And the green holly is the perfect accent to the words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Chrissie, I feel your pain! People mistakenly think CAS is easy. NO WAY! Lots of paper gets wasted in pursuit of perfection. You hit it! OMGOSH I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. Very elegant! thanks for playing at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to toss a couple myself in order to arrive at a suitable entry this week! Your final product is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those large letters are just perfect! Sorry it took several tries for you to get what you were going for...but it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only one! LOL!!! I LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping by, I appreciate your comments!
Thanks,
Chrissie